Tuesday, March 30, 2010

speed, speed, cepat!

First speed session this morning of the program, and I'm feeling pretty good. It took a bit to get going this morning (tying up your shoe laces with your eyes half open - always comedy gold), but once I did I felt pretty good. Pain was relocating all over my body though, moving from my chest (felt like woodpeckers were going to work on my breastplate) to my calves, to (surprise, surprise) my achilles, and even a recurrance of my old compartment syndrome symptoms. Fun and games.

I did four sets of 1500m at 80% intensity with a 500m jog in between this morning, and felt good to know at the end that I had run that intensity at above my 10km pace. I had meant to run at around the 5:10/km pace, and ended up running what looks like on average to be around low 4:50/km pace - a quicker pace than I have clocked through any of my running so far.

I was also silly enough (as you can see below) to include a slight inclining hill into my intervals, which made it tough finishing - but rewarding.

So, a day of stretching and resting, then another day off tomorrow, before my medium run 10km on Thursday. I'm travelling with work tomorrow, so I'll get to go-a-running in new surroundings on Thursday. Very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment