Monday, March 29, 2010

Power!

First day of the training schedule today, and feeling pretty good early on. I did some 'strength' training this morning in the lounge room of our unit; mainly body weight exercises like planks, squats and push ups. It was good, but my technique for calf raises needs some serious work.

My achilles was feeling fine until yesterday afternoon when I was sprinting down pit straight at the end of the Australian Grand Prix; I felt it grab a bit. I am still optimistic that it will be fine for tomorrow's speed session, but if it isn't, then the rest and rehab will have to continue for a little while longer.

Also discovered that adding milk to my post run protein shakes tastes much, much better than water. Plus, milk makes it look less like a glass of poo-water.

Anyway, until tomorrow when I am back on the trail...

Note: I finally got around to changing the title from 'From Nobby Hill to Nea Bakri', to 'From Prestons to Pallini' - bringing it in line with the change of marathon schedule. New image to follow when I get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment