Thursday, April 1, 2010

country town running

So, the problem with running in a country town is that, well, there's not much of it. I ran up and down the main strip of a town in New South Wales called Cooma this morning, and still had a few kilometres to make up, so I had to zig and zag through side streets in order to make up the distance. It was tricky, I gotta say.

Not a bad run, my achilles is still a bit sore, but not really too bad. I've reached a stage where I think I'll have to go and see a sports physio or something. 10km this morning though, and I really wanted to run it slow in order to preserve my energy for my first back-to-back 6km/20km coming up this weekend. I had also read on Cool Runnings, a spectacular Australian running messageboard about the benefits of running below goal pace. So I ran it at about 1:00/km slower than my goal pace, which felt comfortable pretty much all of the way, except when I encountered a few hills that made life a bit tricky.

All in all, a pretty comfortable run, though I really need to get this achilles sorted, because I am starting to sound like a broken record.

No comments:

Post a Comment