Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The times, they are er, becoming quite different.

I love that Mayor Quimby quote.


So, my running world has indeed been flipped upside down somewhat in the past 24-48 hours. I've changed tack and decided to *not* do the 2010 Gold Coast Airport Marathon, owing to financial reasons. Instead, I will be having a crack at the 2010 Westlink M7 Cities Marathon in Sydney. This, in the least, means I need to find another two places in both Sydney and Greece which begin with the same letter in order to continue the positively delightful alliteration. 


I've also gone all out, and joined a running group. I'll be working with the team at Sporting Spirit in order to not only make my goal distance, but do it in less than 4 hours. I've got two sessions a week (I hope) - a speed session in the city (at a relatively famous running track known as 'The Tan') on Tuesdays with a group, and then long runs on Sundays with another group, changing locations from week-to-week. It's very exciting, they're writing me up a training program with strength work, and intervals - here's hoping.


I'm also aiming to run the Geelong Half Marathon on the 11th April in order to tune up for M7. Which, again, costs money, so its all making me very poor.


And to top it all of, my achilles is still quite sore from Sunday's run, so here's hoping two days of rest will enable it to stand up to an easy run tomorrow morning. Here's hoping.


The times, they are becoming quite different!

No comments:

Post a Comment