Saturday, April 3, 2010

the bus that couldn't slow down

Great run this morning; feeling fantastic, and for the first time in a long while for this blog, I don't have to tag the word 'achilles', because it didn't cause any problems at all during the run today. (or do i have to tag it now that i have mentioned it?)


Today was the fastest run I have done since I began training, which I think reflects the faster pace I have been running recently. I jumped in the car and headed down to 'The Tan', a running track encircling the Botanic Gardens here in Melbourne. It is the place to go if you are a runner in Melbourne - the track record has been held by some amazing runners, including my two running heros, Steve Monaghetti and Craig Mottram. 


It was great if no other reason than to run with others surrounding me. I was able to focus on a couple of runners ahead and pace based on them, catching some and losing others. It was great just to be in a group running without the relative pain.


And today was just a medium paced 6km to set me up for tomorrow's 20km long run. I would usually use that as an opportunity to run down to Mrs S's parents place (also known as E's parents place), but since E is jet setting her way to New York as I write, I haven't yet worked out where I am going to head tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment